- Increases the amount of oxygen in the blood
- Builds internal body heat
- Relieves tension
- Encourages free flow of prana
- Regulates blood pressure
- Builds energy
- Detoxifies mind and body
- Increases feelings of presence, self-awareness, and meditative qualities
When to practice:
- When you’re agitated
- When you’re practicing yoga
- When exercising
- When you’re nervous
When to avoid:
Could not find
How to perform:
- Seal your lips and start to breath in and out through your nose.
- Your tongue will gently press against the roof of your mouth.
- Take an inhalation through your nose that is slightly deeper than normal. Exhale slowly through your nose while constricting the muscles in the back of your throat.
- Eventually, with practice, there will be an audible sound that resembles the sound of an ocean, or Darth Vader! A good way to practice the sound is by opening up your mouth and pretending that you are fogging up a window. Once you’ve got that down, then close your lips and practice making the same sound.